About the Symposium
The ESWC 2019 Ph.D. Symposium is a forum for Ph.D. students working in all areas of Semantic Web research to present their work, meet with peers and experienced researchers, receive feedback, and learn from each other’s experiences. It aims at helping Ph.D. students in developing the skills and confidence required to conduct and promote their research, as well as providing them with an opportunity to attend one of the most important research conferences on the Semantic Web.
The ESWC Ph.D. Symposium will give students the opportunity to:
- Learn by constructive criticism: Established researchers and Ph.D. student advisors will provide constructive feedback to the submitted papers by means of an open and non-adversarial review process.
- Learn from a mentor: Each student of an accepted paper will be assigned to a mentor- a selected member of the programme committee. Students will interact with their mentors on both the revision of their papers and the preparation of their presentations.
- Learn about research: Besides the presentations, coffee breaks and the Ph.D. mentoring lunch will be used to exchange ideas and ask questions about all aspects of pursuing a Ph.D. and a research career in general.
- Learn by presenting: Accepted contributions will be presented at the Ph.D. Symposium. All accepted contributions will also be included at the general poster session of ESWC.
For more details, including the CfP and details on submissions, see the call for PhD symposium page.
The Program: 2 June 2019
- Welcome and Introduction
- Presentation 1: Lars Heling Quality-driven Query Processing over Federated RDF Data Sources [Draft Paper]
- Presentation 2: Stefan Falke Developing a Knowledge Graph for a Question Answering System to answer Natural Language Questions on German Grammar [Draft Paper]
10:30: Coffee Break
- Keynote: Stefan Schlobach
- Presentation 3: Rima Türker Knowledge-Based Dataless Text Categorization [Draft Paper]
12.30-14.00 Mentoring Lunch
- Presentation 4: Markus Schröder Efficient High-Level Semantic Enrichment of Undocumented Enterprise Data [Draft Paper]
- Presentation 5: Jana Vataščinová Methodology for Biomedical Ontology Matching [Draft Paper]
15.30-16: Coffee Break
16.00-17.00 Poster Session
- 5 min poster presentations